Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introduction

Hi, my name is Jenna and this is my blog about atheism and freethought.  I am an atheist but I was raised Christian.  I never really went to church as a kid, and most of my knowledge of God and Jesus came from what my parents told me.  When I was fifteen I started attending a weekly youth group at a friend's church because I wanted to gain a better understanding of God and the Bible, and after attending that youth group for about three years I came to the conclusion that Christianity wasn't for me.  The further I studied the Bible the more I began to doubt it.  For about two years after that I identified myself as Agnostic, believing basically that there probably was a god but that this god was unknowable.  Eventually, as I managed to pull further and further away from the childhood indoctrination, I learned to apply the logic and reasoning I used in all other aspects of my life to religion and came to the conclusion that there was no evidence to support the existence of a god in any shape or form.
I decided to create this blog for the purpose of having discussions with other atheists as well as theists who may have different beliefs and opinions.  My plan is to post new content as often as I can and they will range from my own thoughts to videos and news relating to topics such as religion, atheism, church-state separation, and any other ideas I come up with or anybody requests that I write about.  I'll try to have my first post up soon and I look forward to reading comments and hopefully this blog will get out there to as many people as possible.

No comments: